Thursday, August 15, 2019

Stolen Breath

you've waited for me a long time
and we have lost many days
years that we'll never get back
i left you behind to search for myself
but trust me when i say
i never stopped loving you
when your time on earth ends
i will always love you
i'm sorry i couldn't be
with you longer
though we had a good run
i will always love you
and i'm sorry to keep you waiting


i don't feel motivated to write. as usual, not much has changed on that front. i feel life's current sweeping me away - like i have no choice on where life takes me. my friend wants to start a vlog/blog about hiking trails, and i find myself taken along for the ride. i'm not unhappy about this, as i love the outdoors and running along forest paths with my dog. but, at the same time, it isn't my passion - it's his, and i'm carried along for the ride.

work is going well. i'm in a cushy office job. i have a home church where i serve. life is... stagnant at best. i wish i had some sort of excitement, but i don't. i have an average life which i should be thankful for. and i am, i am so grateful to the Lord for blessing me. but, there are hardships hidden in the shadows. i know i can overcome anything, but am i truly so afraid to be my true self?

who is she? my true self? i know she does not wear a vengeful mask. i know that, although many would not accept her for who she is, there are people who do. but life isn't about caring what other people think, is it? life is about standing your ground, with a steady stance, and continuing to be your authentic self.

my dog and i are going hiking with some friends over the weekend, as we did last weekend. i am grateful for this, as there is nothing quite like venturing through hiking trails with your beloved canine companion. and perhaps... one day i will find what i am seeking, if ever i realize myself what that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)