Sunday, August 18, 2019

Dragon Mentality

I've been having dreams
Splashin' in a summer stream
Trip and I fall in
I wanted it to happen
My body turns to ice
Crushin' weight of paradise
Solid block of gold
Lying in the cold
I feel right at home

--Trampoline / SHAED


Life is life. Life goes on no matter what. There's nothing I can do to prevent this -- no one can. We all march forward involuntarily, resigned to our fates. Acceptance is freedom, isn't it?

I know your face, like a photograph that I can't erase

I don't really have anything to say, other than the fact that my life has been filled with work, hiking, and... existing. I've been lucky enough to be able to venture out into the wilderness with my dog and my friends, enjoying nature and the freedom that comes with it. I am happy to find likeminded people to share my hobbies with! I want to be healthier and fitter, as I've stated in previous posts, so that mission has been a steady journey.

Still... I wonder when life will surprise me? Because people sure as hell aren't! I honestly haven't had a best friend since... well, you know. But I was young and idealistic. I try to let people in but none have came remotely close to understanding who I am as a person. None have come close to at least making me feel like they understood. So perhaps, I'm still that same black-haired girl from years ago, doing the best she can.

I am lucky enough to have friends that consider me a sister, and a best friend. But do I feel the same? I feel nothing. I feel like if I lost those people, I would remain unsurprised. That's life, isn't it?

Freedom is acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)