Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Apathetic Curse

I've been playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses extensively over the last couple weeks and I've been finding it super fun. I'm enraptured by the charming male characters in the game - that never ceases to please. My favourite characters are Dimitri, Felix, and Ashe - not necessarily in that order, but all three of them really glowed up over the course of the game and all three have their own distinct charms.

Still, as I play through this game I find myself 50/50 about my investment level compared to Awakening or Fates, which I've replayed several times. It's a good story, and the gameplay is fluid and easy to manage, however I find myself less enthused about many things as I've grown older.

For instance, I fangirled HARD over Sacred Stones and replayed the heck out of that game when I was younger. When I compare my enjoyment of FE now on a gaming console with better graphics to the 8-bit games of old, I somehow feel apathetic about the games now. They capture my attention for a brief time, like a cheap thrill, but at the end of the day the impact on my creativity is minimal. I suppose that's the way of things, now.

Many people look out for me. Friends, colleagues, family. And yet, I feel...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)