Friday, December 21, 2018

Hard Style

so i mean i used to, and i believe i still, love partying. and by partying i mean going out for a night on the town. dress up nice (read: provocatively) and drink and dance the hours away in a dark room surrounding by gyrating bodies.

but, i really don't know if i can return to that sort of worldly indulgence. it's hard to feel safe in a club/rave environment, and a part of me has always felt anxious before an event. probably because i know that going out late at night, to the place where the animals go, is detrimental to spiritual growth. i'm torn, because while i do enjoy the music and flashy outfits, scripture literally instructs us not to behave/dress in that way. and i believe that a demure lifestyle is more befitting my base personality anyway. it's a slippery slope because i have been awakened and my eyes are opened. what can i do?

if i could go with someone i trusted, then maybe things would be okay. but in those nightlife environments, people are always either predators or prey. people can't even protect themselves from the darkness.

At night I
I do crazy things at night
I'm not gonna lie
There's something about the dark side that
Constantly, I keep getting attracted to it
I don't wanna let go
Maybe I should change and well
Maybe I shouldn't
But one thing's for sure
I'm always gonna be me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)