Sunday, November 11, 2018

At Peace

What did I want to say today? Well, despite feeling under-the-weather, I peeled myself out of bed and got ready to go to church. Leanne told me she was going to sit in service with me, which was added motivation, but I've come to see going to service as my devotion to God. I believe going to service for him and meeting him in the church would please him, as God calls us to form a community together, and we are the "body" to Christ's "head".

We had a Remembrance Day service, and it was grand. The choir sang with live music, and I sang along diligently with Leanne at my side. Pastor Ken gave a great sermon, along with a guest speaker who is a wonderful photographer; I got her business card.

Every time Pastor Ken sees me, he always greets me by name, mentions my baptism, and informs me that he's been praying for me. I really appreciate him taking the time to make me feel special and loved! He's a really great guy for always doing his best to show that he cares, even though he's kind of a big deal, ya know?

I'm so happy I found Tenth Church. In the couple of churches I've attended, I've never felt as "at-home" as I do in Tenth. After all, I felt comfortable enough to get baptized here! I have so many friends, but of course my best friend there is Leanne. We're just like sisters, and she's my beloved big sister. I can't sing her praises enough, because she's always guiding me and supporting me and it's so easy for me to get along with her.

After service, I initially wanted to go for lunch with a group of church friends, but Leanne didn't feel keen on that idea. She thought it would just be her and I, which was fine with me! I bailed on the other group and we walked to Nuba, which serves healthy Lebanese food.

Delicious food w/my big sis!

I helped her practice lines for her audition, which was also super fun. She really appreciated it. Then, we saw some open houses with her husband and went downtown to buy a birthday present for my mum. All in all it was a very wonderful day. I'm really thankful, even though I'm still feelin' sick! I'm tucked into bed with a cup of hot tea and bloggin' now, so when I sleep in a bit I'm sure everything will be fine.

In life, I know there are always things beyond my control. The tides are always rising and waning; people will walk in and out of our lives regardless of whether we want them to or not. But truly I believe that what is meant to be, will be. And I'm grateful for the people that have stayed in my life for all these years. It's comforting to know that if I need support, I have trustworthy friends who will bolster me and raise me up, along with my loving family. I'm so fortunate to be blessed and I can only pray that it lasts for ever and ever, until the day when I am finally called home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)