Thursday, June 15, 2023

NIGHTSHADE - Kuroyuki

Ooof so being sick and covided has allowed me to stay home and rest lots, but was also the perfect time for me to pick up playing a juicy otome game and that game is about dating ninjas - certainly a genre I am very familiar with. Japan makes a lot of these huh? The dating oni/youkai and ninjas boys in feudal times kinda deal. 

This one was actually on the nintendo estore which was super surprising. It's also fully voiced (apart from MC) and the VA's are amazing so far! They put so much work into it.

I started off with my first organic playthrough and ended up with Kuroyuki WAY ahead in the leads for points... I guess I do have a type, BUT I wasn't intending it to be this way! Everything fell into place on its own. This little ninja is a yandere ahahaha but still so sweet and I really enjoyed a lot of him and MC's interactions.

G-G-GOLDEN DEER? Devs please, I already like him!

Probably the ONLY otome guy who held hands and DIDN'T lose a whole person

NAUGHTY! He says a lot of this naughty stuff throughout the game HAHA

B-but we're both kiddos...!

Cute traumatized bean T_T Darn people were right, I do have a thing for these "younger brother" types...





In any case... his VA is amazing and the voice is a perfect fit for this character. I find it hard to create a ranking system for characters I like but I'll try it... OK! Making a final score for Kuroyuki!

Looks: ★★★★ 
I mean he's the standard otouto type that makes you wanna squeeze and protecc him (despite his yandere tendencies) and his character poses are, from what I've seen so far, the best out of all the guys. I always was a sucker for the dark hair/red eyes combo...

Storyline: ★★★ 
DUDE we were on the run as fugitives! But it wasn't his fault in the end, which made things better; he didn't actually frame MC. Aww heck he was so cool with using Kagehemi in fights and protecting MC so I'll give him an extra star damn ★

What I liked best about Kuroyuki's storyline is that the majority of the chapters were only MC and him, giving ample opportunity for romantic/sweet scenes. Sure, he whisked you away and perhaps some people disliked the problematic aspects of the route, but this is fiction. I enjoyed spending time with him, the strongest ninja and assassin in the game due to his ninjutsu skill.

Dokidoki effect: ★★★★
His VA really made my heart melt, and the playful way he flirts with MC is my style. (Cute boys who tease are my weakness, huh?) After learning about his tragic backstory, one couldn't help but want to hold and comfort him. 

FINAL GRADE: ★★★★1/2

WELL... I ENJOYED his route... and he's a cute lil mischievous bean! Would play again o___o OR ELSE...???

He's my fav so far and best of all, at the end none of your Koga friends die. Which is more than I can say for Gekka-nii...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)