Saturday, June 17, 2023

NIGHTSHADE - Goemon

Ahhh I am so tired. I took quite some time to fall asleep last night, even though I was tired. 

The weather has been cloudy and cool this week, not too warm for mid-June. I have been enjoying that, as the room my home office station is set up in gets the hottest out.

I HAD A DREAM about going on a mission with anime ninja Hanzo Hattori in the modern world, which was really enjoyable because MC had to pretend to be in a relationship with him for the mission but secretly has feelings for him. That sort of drama is fun. Her two friends try to take her away from him because he's "not a good person" for her. I can see Hanzo really wants his route played and won't be taking a skip for an answer! Well, he's the last one before the Nightshade saga is over.

Next up for review is Goemon-san aka Goro-san ahaha which is a route I really liked overall. He's a fun character and completely deserved the happy ending we got.



I loved his easygoing nature!


He does touch MC the most out of all the boys so far, except maybe Kuroyuki.


Taken out of context, these screenshots are naughty! It's all above board, unfortunately!


Pet pet


Pat pat


The only character who uses these ~SPICY~ lines...


...BUT HE'S ALSO serious about a relationship!

At the end of the game when your childhood friends (still alive!) are seeing you off, MC and Goemon make a happy pair.

The twists and turns in Goemon's arc were done well. I felt the storyline reflecting his easygoing nature and after Gekkamaru's SAD AND TRAGIC arc that the fluff did not deserve, Goemon lifted my spirits. TO THE FINAL SCORE!!!


Looks: ★★★★ 
Oh damn well I wasn't going to score him so high but his expressions and HIS NINJA OUTFIT with the full mask and hood hit me some kinda way. I mean look at it:


Alternative art aside, his look is a pretty generic one. It's the narrowing eyes and cheeky smirk that get me, though...


Storyline: ★★★★★
I'm thoroughly satisfied with this route, you get rescued by him and whisked away on a journey where Gekka-nii and Kuroyuki join in as well. And, you get a feast with ALL your friends the night before the finale!

Goemon is superb at planning his schemes. The way the plot twist happened and he released you from a life on the run wrapped up the storyline neatly like a present. So, so good!


Dokidoki effect: ★★★★★
He's a flirtatious womanizer but is it bad that the lines and his attitude worked on me? Takes MC for dessert, buys her presents, compliments her, protects her no matter what, etc. His interactions were more mature than Kuroyuki's. Goemon is a man who freely lives his life, is gentlemanly, and knows what he wants. MC will be smiling for the rest of her days with this master thief! Happily ever after.


FINAL GRADE: ★★★★★
The chillest storyline so far, and felt the most natural. I had nothing to complain about and went along for the ride. The ending where everyone runs through the village streets throwing gold into the masses while escaping was a great touch. The devs did NOT skimp on Goemon Ishikawa/Kotaro Fuma/Goro-san!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)