Thursday, June 22, 2023

NIGHTSHADE - Chojiro-niisama

T___T I struggled to get motivation to write this, but I want to complete the series review so I will.
I think this route was my least fav. I'm glad I played this route before Hanzo's so that I have something to redeem the game after this, ahaha...

Introducing, MC's freakin' cousin - Chojiro. She admires him, she respects him, she... wants to marry him... guh...

Looks: ★★
Chojiro is not my style. SO much purple... Although his long hair, chest window, and green eyes give him an extra star.

Storyline: ★
They really do be making you date your cousin!! MC's mom is his aunt... a fact that I could not shake throughout his story. 

He's unbearably keen on killing you in this route. The most memorable scene for me was the emotional fight where MC gives her all to fight him, but accepts her death at his hands because she is no match for him. He stabs his sword into the ground and proceeds to choke the life out of MC... she reaches up as she's suffocating and grabs his sleeve like she did when they were children... She only escapes due to Kuroyuki (best boyo) coming to the rescue. 

Your childhood friends also all die in this route, save for Kuroyuki (thank goodness). You bury GEKKAMARU (sob) Ennosuke, and Kyara in the dirt and that is described in a needless amount of detail. Kasumi cream puff baby dies too. Somehow, in the end, Chojiro decides killing you is not as important as loving you...somehow... and this guy still musters up the courage to ask MC to be his wife... 

Dude, you tried to kill me and all my friends are dead, what the heck is romantic about that!!! And people complain about Kuroyuki being manipulative/yandere, well at least Yuki would never harm MC on purpose.

I did enjoy reading the twist at the end and the final duel they were to have. However, asides from the action scenes, this route was tragic and I can't support any route where MC's childhood friends die.

Dokidoki effect: ★
He's MC's cousin, and they DO NOT let you forget for a second. Multiple scenes reminded us that they are "teacher/disciple and cousins" with a lot of respect and love for each other... romantic love... erm... not my cup of tea...!!!

FINAL GRADE: ★
I would rather bleach my brain than date cousin Chojiro again...

Hey, at least the Iga blood would run EXTRA strong in their children.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)