Sunday, September 1, 2013

Attempt

A couple months back, I was really into working out, eating healthy and regular visits to the gym. For some reason, that active streak went horribly off-track and I stopped doing all of that... until very recently, I decided I would try and pull myself back into healthy eating.

I went to the grocery store last night with my mom, brother and Shan to buy ingredients. I'm planning to cook more often and pack lunch to bring to work (win-win situation, save money AND eat healthier). Basically, my diet consists of a lot of veggies, chicken, fish, and occasionally pork. I'm not too big a fan of beef, to be honest... And lamb / duck is pretty hard to cook right. For veggies, I really like taiwanese cabbage, snow pea shoots, kale, and lotus root. But I should eat more of carrots, cucumbers, etc. anyway...

Yams are not my favourite, but I've been substituting my carbs with yam and quinoa. Eating healthy is pretty straight-forward, but I can't help gorging when I get a large portion of delicious food. Food is a bigbig weakness for me... which is sad, because I also want to slim down and tone up.

Still didn't stop me from buying a bunch of gourmet cup noodles, ha-ha.

Hope I can actually carry through with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)