Friday, September 20, 2013

The Time Is Now

The time is almost noon, and I sit in my living room sipping on a warm cup of darling darjeeling, one of La Petite Cuillère's signature house blends. (I may have brewed the cup too strong for my own taste.) In any case, I have work soon, but I am feeling lethargic and my mind is wandering everywhere.

Everyone has secrets, don't they? Deep and dark, we don't want anyone else to know, and sometimes they are buried so deep within ourselves we forget we even had them. Until they resurface, somehow. Reflection. (Sometimes I think I'm a very strange creature.)

I can't really describe where I am in life. I am cheerful, but I'm not wearing a mask to hide anything. I really am starting to feel content with life, and how things are, but I am also always striving for improvement. I think this sort of contentedness comes with age... or maturity.

We all have to build a strong inner pillar, like Sprout Tower in Pokemon Gold & Silver. (Don't worry, I also laugh at the geekiness of my own examples.)

That way, no matter what outside circumstances may occur, this doesn't shake us or UNROOT us (Ha, get it? Bellsprout pun) from who we really are and where we want to be.

I know who my friends are and I know who really cares about me, but I am still going to put myself out there and give others a chance to know me, too. There are different levels of bonding and friendship. Some friends may only be superficial friends who will not be there in our times of need, and that's okay. Maybe we wouldn't want that person present anyway.

I'm just thinking... perhaps the world is a negative place because humans are naturally drawn to cynicism. Like a blossoming flower, I think I am blooming away from it all. I want to drift away from negativity.


" Sheeping Beauty "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)