Tuesday, November 24, 2020

About Belphie

☆Planetarium Belphie☆

Many Obey Me! fans dislike Belphie because in the main story arc, he does something unforgivable that gets brushed over by either messy writing/translation or a lack of further plot development. I was shocked and also thought the devs should have wrapped things up better, but keep in mind this is a mobile game and not a full-fledged RPG. Mind you, I know that isn't much of an excuse, but think of it like comparing FE Heroes to an actual FE RPG installment. It's like comparing ants to elephants! Anyway, I'm writing this because I read a post asking why Belphie stans like him, and well, let me count the ways, lol!


Firstly, I preface this by saying that Belphie is not my fav akuma boi, my fav is PROBABLY Stan. (Yes, Stan.) But there are moments where Belphie outshines Stan for me, and this post isn't really about Stan.

My Reasons!!!

• He's a cute baby boi, the youngest brother. Everyone babies him, and I'm no exception.

• He actually gets character development and a backstory, which is more than most of the other brothers get.

• After the incident, and in all side stories, he's an openly affectionate character that communicates what he wants. Like wanting to cuddle and nap together, visiting events together, telling you when something feels good, etc. He is very sweet and direct. For me, I find that incredibly endearing. No, I don't want Mammon to wait for me to ask him to the dance (although I do like Mammon), I want a boi who asks me to the dance and says how happy he is that I said yes, then asks me if he can sleep in my bed and stroke my head until I fall asleep... which perfectly segues to my next point 

• I LOVE sleeping. My bed is probably my fav place to be, and I love relaxing on the couch and being lazy. I often think about how nice it would be to cuddle Belphie and, since I get cold easily, he would double as a body pillow and heater! Taking naps with him is probably a huge selling point for many fans.

• He's bratty, but he's also clever and intelligent. Not only is he capable of planning and executing long-term evil plots, but he does well in school. His good grades seem effortless, since he's always sleeping (LOL)

• He seems so comfy... I just wanna curl up and take a catnap... maybe sleep the whole day away... yawn, I feel his lifestyle calls out to me.

• I love his horns, they're my fav design even though I don't particularly like his demon form design in general. Hey, he's a cow and I'm a sheep--we might be compatible!

Those are the majority of my reasons. Meh, I forgive him for what he's done. It isn't his fault he's an akuma!


Tl;dr I like Belphie because he's cute, affectionate, and perfect for taking naps with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)