Friday, March 20, 2020

Evacuated

Today was my first day working from home. I'm blessed to have my BFF help me move my equipment from the office to the spare room of my place. The setup is pretty makeshift and makes me feel like a college frat kid, but it'll have to do. I mean what else is gonna be the solution? They evacuated everyone in my office, so it is what it is.

At first I thought it would be pretty rad to work from home, but I can sense that it will be at least a month before they let us return, if they do. The "b" button of my keyboard is starting to act up, so that kinda sucks too. I'll have to hold off on getting a new keyboard, as I don't really want to spend any extra money right now.

Anyway, CS helped me get settled in and set up all my equipment for me. I did my first shift at home today; PJ dropped off lunch for me so I was grateful for that too! I got curry katsu, which I would say is one of my preferred foods. Then, when I got off shift, CS took me to pick up my preorder of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I will play a little of that before sleeping tonight, to try and take my mind off the craziness in the world these days.

Mostly, I'm saddened that I can't go to the gym, or to the bar/pub with my friends. Being on lock-down sucks pretty badly, but I'm grateful that everyone around me is still safe. I pray the Lord look over everyone during these shaky times.

1 comment:

  1. I imagine that make shift office has turned out to work pretty good for no notice of WFH ;)

    Sounds like a great start and a warm welcoming with helping setting up, lunch and a ride to pick up a fun game. WFH can have its ups and downs much like working in the office. I hope everything works out and we can all get back to normal soon what ever that normal is for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Behave yourself, now. ;)