Thursday, January 23, 2020

Authenticity

Today was my first day of volunteer at the daycare my church is affiliated with. I had such a lovely time; the staff members were all warm and welcoming and the children were all little angels. *sighs*

My heart can't even begin to describe how full it felt, spending time with the little ones. Conversing with them, settling them into nap time (I put 3 kids to sleep!), and playing with them. I... I never knew I had this spiritual gift. One of the staff said I had a 'teacher's heart' and that she saw how the kids gravitated to me. I had a little girl give me a small tattoo sticker, and another little girl asked for me to help her with the buttons on her vest. I felt honoured.

Of course, I also played with a lot of the other kids, and read some stories with them. Over snack, we discussed things together, and a dashing young boy enthusiastically talked about dinosaurs at Science World. It was a grand time for sure, and I really hope I can work out my schedule to be present there on a regular basis. However, with work, I don't quite know how this will be arranged. I'm continuing to pray and lifting all my worries to the Lord.

*sighs more* Last night I spent hours playing FE: Three Houses, completing a bit more on the Golden Deer route. CLAUDE DOESN'T EVEN BOTHER TO CARRY MC after she passes out due to fusing with Sothis; HE ASKS HILDA TO DO SO! Which is the gentlemanly thing to do, of course. I do like Hilda, but Dimitri actually carries MC back to the monastery which is kinda more romantic. I know Claude isn't the romantic character, and he's more aloof, but I LOVE HIM! There's just something charming about that character. And this is why I'm ruined for 3D boys lol, I gush over my husbandos too much! How can anyone real hope to compare... teehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)