Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Blessings

I caught the flu from my mother and, as a result, stayed home from work to rest my weary, achy body. Life has been stable, with nothing too dramatic or interesting happening asides from the usual (well, nothing that I wish to disclose to the general public at this time, anyway!).

Wait, there is ONE THING I want to share with the world: my darling sponsor children! Erika and Vanessa. They are only babies, 9 and 12 respectively.

Vanessa
Birthday: October 28, 2010
Erika
Birthday: August 6, 2007

I've only told a few of my close friends that I am sponsoring these lovely girls from Bolivia. To be honest, I don't know much about Bolivia at all! But a dear colleague of mine has translated their videos for me and has agreed to help translate some of my letters to send over (even though I am well aware that World Vision workers translate letters for sponsors as well, haha).

I hope to make a positive difference in the lives of these two kiddos. They're growing up in a different world than I am, but they're full of life and deserve the chance to believe in themselves and to know that somewhere out there, someone cares about them and the well-being of their families. Perhaps that could inspire them to work hard and achieve their goals.

Personally, I haven't been in a relationship with anyone since early 2018, which seems so long ago now. I really don't know if I'll find anyone to fall in love with, but I am willing to accept whatever God's will is for me. I have a lot of friends and a loving family - that's one thing to count my blessings for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)