Monday, January 7, 2019

Observatory

Fortune only comes to those who are ready
And if you're not
I don't expect you to understand

I finally know the ending of my tale. The ending that has eluded me for almost 10 years, I realized now while staring into a young man's eyes.

They could never be together; they were from different worlds. However, she left home to be with him, for a brief moment of temporary happiness in a lonely place. Surely he won't understand, not now, but maybe in time. She prayed this for him, prayed for his happiness.

In the end, they do part ways. She returns home to her rightful place, and he... well, she doesn't know what becomes of him after. 

Not yet, anyway.

She can't escape darkness's grasps, even though her family says she should flee. She isn't helpless, but willingly chooses to walk the path of thorns. 

Why?

She can't answer. The darkness is part of her very being, twisted in her core.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)