Thursday, August 9, 2018

Nothing Lasts Forever

“I’m with someone already, thanks.”

I backed away from the dark-haired man. His cold glare caused me to shiver. Those piercing eyes were like ice chips, so unlike the warm eyes Lukas had, which were filled with depth and emotion. They were truly opposite extremes, night and day.

He grabbed me. His voice was soft, but the underlying menace was unmistakable.

“It wasn’t a question,” he said simply. “You’re coming with me.”

“But the party—”

“Fuck the party.”

I choked on air as the grip around my arm tightened. He was undoubtedly stronger than me and capable of overpowering me easily if I refused to obey. I nodded feebly and he seemed satisfied. He promptly released me. 

I trailed behind him as we left the banquet hall, a feeling of dread sinking into my stomach. Where was Lukas? Surely he would be able to spring me from this situation! I peered around, but the blond was nowhere to be seen.

We stopped in front of an elegantly embroidered door, which was opened for us by a butler stationed nearby. Gloved white hands neatly produced a key which unlocked access to the room. Nero wasted no time in stepping inside. I hesitated, glancing back down the corridor for any sign of salvation.

No luck.

The butler quickly ushered me inside, possibly in fear of his master’s disapproval. The final ‘click’ of the door as it swung closed again seemed to signify my fate. There was no way I could slip away discreetly now…

Nero slid off his jacket, setting it on the back of a delicately carved chair that looked very costly, as did everything else in the house. He turned to me and motioned for me to come closer. I tentatively stepped forward, reluctant to leave my spot by the door.

“Don’t be afraid,” he said, in an eerily soft voice. “Come here.”

Every word was coated in honey. There was no telling what his intentions were when he used a voice like this; he could have been confessing his utmost affections or whispering words into a victim’s ear after having stabbed them. I wouldn’t put the latter past him.

He was a dangerous man. I could only wonder what he wanted with me.

2 comments:

  1. Eternity lasts forever, dear.
    Seventh-Heaven lasts forever.
    Wanna find-out how to
    achieve eternity Upstairs??
    Follow us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you shouldve kicked him to the bawls.
    TWICE.
    And hard!!!
    Believe-you-me, darlin,
    that certainly wouldve
    gottn his attention.

    You're talkin with an ex-sensei
    in Hawaiian Kempo karate/aekido.

    ReplyDelete

Behave yourself, now. ;)