Thursday, October 21, 2010

Under The Same Moon ~Echoes~

Hey guess what? I think I died from how cute Maya is hnghhhh. ♥♥♥ ;w; AND I KNOW YOUR SECRET... that Blue in those cargo pants is your favourite! Ehehehe. I don't know if I even like Blue or not (just in general ok, not like that!!!) but I love how he's drawn by you~~ Why would you even stop drawing if your creations turn out like that? But creativity blocks are such a pain. Man, the devil's handiwork I tell ya. But things might flow smoothly now? Maybe... I'll keep trying. Because god knows I haven't been doing anything productive with my time. Only the E4 world can get me out of this slump I've been in. I'm not too interested in creating things about anything else. We so need a tv show or something. Srsly. But we've spoken of this before, have we not? And it shall be done... yesss~ Or we can just keep being our badass selves right here.

ALSO. ALSOOOO. HOLD UP!

Red is so fierce. Woah. I think... he should always be drawn in a more serious style rather than a chibi one which'll like, bastardize him. xDDD Like in comics everyone else will be all cute and such but he'll be like BAM BADASS DUDE!! If you get my drift...hehe.

I like your style loads so don't stop. Can't stop! Let's keep this rollin' k? ;DD I need to be told more details because I'm just so bad at background info. So if anything comes to mind let me know please. Or write about it or something! Like Terra's mother, for instance... I need to see her since you have this vision of what she's like? Share with me! Don't hold back. I need your inspiration before I hit a wall and make everything stall/die/etc. .__.

I don't know if the pokemon a/u is supposed to be serious or whatnot... well I'm trying to make it both? But the art is totes lulzy. From my side anyway cause I can't draw in any other style besides chibi, damn it. D:

Anyway, for your reading pleasure (hopefully!), here is part two.

--

Terra held her phone away from her as it emitted strange crackling noises. She half-hoped that it wouldn’t die on her but it went ahead and did just that. The tour guide, an older woman in a white pantsuit, frowned at her. Terra knew that she should have turned her phone off on the ferry ride over. The group had been told about radio waves interfering with the wild pokemon around the islands.

Terra shoved the phone into her bag. “Sorry. I was just…calling my mom. She worries about me as if I were still a ten year old.”

The woman didn’t look as if she believed this. “All right, but that’s not the issue.”

“It isn’t?”

“You’re in trouble,” Ethan sang in her ear.

Terra would have done something unpleasant to him if there hadn’t been other people around. He had no concept of personal space. The kid had been glued to her the whole way here. However, she couldn’t blame him. He didn’t have the best socials skills in the world.

“You need to return your chikorita to its pokeball.” The woman glanced at the green creature, which was rolling a pebble around on the beach. “We‘re here to look around the caves and, if we‘re lucky, catch a glimpse of unusual pokemon. ”

Terra fiddled with the hem of her shorts. “I‘ll…do that.”

“Quickly, now. You’re holding the group up.”

She didn’t know what to do. Everyone stared at her, some not bothering to mask their irritation, others giving her sympathetic smiles. Terra reached for a pokeball, feeling her hands tremble slightly.

Chikorita whipped the leaf on her head back when she saw the red and white object. Before the pokemon could make a break for it, Terra captured her. The look on chikorita’s face promised destruction upon release from her prison.

Terra wondered if she could keep chikorita in there forever.

“Great.” The woman clapped her hands together once. “Everyone has their super repel at hand, I trust?”

“Yup!” Ethan held his up for all to see. “My marill found this when we were walking in National Park. Isn’t that so amazing? I wouldn’t have managed to find it by myself, but my marill is really good at picking up dropped items!”

“No one’s listening, Ethan,” Terra pointed out.

“Oh.“ He wasn’t fazed by this. “It‘s a true story, though.”

“For Arceus’s sake.” She pulled him towards the others. “We’re going to get left behind if you just stand there. Can’t you walk and talk at the same time?”

“Sure I can.” He scowled. “Stop being so pushy.”

The cave’s dampness made her shiver as she stepped inside its yawning mouth. There was a strange smell in the air, like salt water and lime. She tried not to think about what pokemon scuttled past her in the dim light.

They were at the very back of the group. Their guide’s voice bounced off the walls as she explaining the history of the Whirl Islands. Terra knew all of this already, so she decided that chatting with Ethan would have to do until something exciting happened.

She glanced at him suddenly. “What do you mean, pushy?”

“You’ve been dragging me around all day.”

“Then don’t be such a space cadet.”

“Well, you’re not as nice as you think you are. No wonder chikorita doesn’t like you.”

She flinched and dropped his arm; she had, in fact, been yanking him around like a growlithe on a chain. Ethan was right. No doubt she had been too controlling with chikorita as well.

“Terra?” Ethan peered at her. “I was just mad, I didn’t mean--”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“Really?”

“Everything’s fine.”

“My grandpa told me to believe the opposite when girls say that.”

“That’s good advice.” She couldn’t help but smile. “What you said wasn’t totally unjustified. I was just surprised, is all. I’m not a delicate sunflora who can’t take criticism. ”

“Cool.“ He beamed. “So now I can say that marill is the best and lugia is lame! Don‘t you think it‘s weird how legendaries are like, automatically considered awesome? What‘s up with that?”

She sighed. “Lugia is the best. No contest!”

And here she thought they had been getting somewhere. Oh well. Terra appreciated Ethan’s generosity in letting her come with him on the tour. She would thank him once he stopped talking long enough to let her get a word in. He had already exceeded his listening quotient for the day.

If only Maya were around…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up on the peak of Mt. Silver, a boy stood looking out over the landscape. His breath escaped from his lips in clouds. Anyone else would have hightailed it out of there; it was freezing at that altitude. But the black-haired boy had been here for so long that he didn’t notice the chill anymore. Not that he was immune; the hailstones still cut him, the wind chapped his lips and tinted his skin blue. Occasionally, if he was outside for too long, snowflakes crystallized in his hair. His charizard helped with the cold.

Today, Red wanted to be alone.

Earlier in the morning a hiker challenged him to a battle. Red won without difficulty. The man had pleaded with him to say something, anything, but Red merely looked on in silence. That had been enough to send him away. But sometimes, these challengers didn’t want to leave. They had the idea that staying with him to train would be in their best interests.

Red didn’t want anyone here.

The only thing that mattered at Mt. Silver was staying alive. There was no room for anything besides that. He preferred it that way, crazy as it was, according to his old flame. She wanted him to remain in Cerulean with her. But he hadn’t. All those promises of devotion dwindled away with the changing seasons. Her visits up here had grown less frequent before she stopped coming altogether.

Perhaps it was selfish of him to expect people to try so hard.

But he never asked anyone to visit him.

The one person who showed up without fail was…

“Hey, Red!”

He opened his eyes.

Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)