Saturday, December 2, 2017

Reawakening

The two of us were always one
At home we were invincible, weren’t we?
We’d longed to come to this town for a long time
For some reason, I remember the scenery
Embracing the beautiful sky the day we left

--Seishun Amigo / Shūji to Akira

Everything is an uncertain mess these days. I keep making decisions that throw caution to the wind. Sometimes, I wonder what will become of such a life. Other times, I don't really care. That's life though, really, isn't it?

Everyone goes through their own struggles. But me, I seem to get stuck in the past, trapped like a stick in the mud, wading waist deep through quick sand.

What's wrong with me sometimes? Why does it appear like everyone else is out enjoying fulfilling lives, except me?

Perhaps I'm being too modest; I do party, I do hang out with friends, eat out, watch movies, go on dates, get treated well. I do have a loving family, I'm spoiled and treated like a princess, no one crosses me. I have a dog, I have anything I ever wanted. I truly feel that way.

And yet, I'm drifting in a sea of indifference, nearly all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)