Friday, August 23, 2024

Hakuoki: Chronicles of Wind and Blossom

I have started a new Otome game, and this time it's a classic - Enter Hakuoki: Chronicles of Wind and Blossom! When I saw the limited edition preorder pop up a while ago, I bought the game on a whim.

Sure, dating ninjas in Nightshade was fun, but now the time for dating samurai and a subsequent Japanese history lesson is in order.

The love interest cast is massive! So many options to choose from. My fiancé certainly knows quite a few of the familiar names from the Shinsengumi. I wasn't sure who to pick, but as with other game of this nature, I do an organic playthrough with the choices I want first before focusing on the routes of the other love interests.

In my first ~natural~ playthrough, I managed to get ensnared by... Hachiro Iba!

To be honest I wasn't sure who I was falling for - but MC's first encounter with Iba-san at the sweets shop and her description of him made him stand out among the rest. He has a very... Simeon-like quality, and a the same sweet smile and soft-spoken voice.

AND WOW I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED! I ended up getting a demon-armed boyfriend... Ibaraki-Doji style? 

Hahaha, well, I'll update as things progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)