Saturday, October 14, 2017

Torn

so if you're lonely,
you know I'm here waiting for you

October has finally started feeling like fall. I wake with a slight chill in the room, but nestled under the warmth of several blankets, I feel at ease.

My work schedule has been smoothing out as well. I start work anywhere between 10AM~12PM, which I prefer anyway. I'm not so much a morning person; I need at least an hour and a half to prepare everything in the morning, so if I had to work at 9AM, I would have to wake up at 7:30AM! Which is pretty brutal, if you ask me. Some people can, I can't.

Plus, it's always a rush when I need to take my dog out for his morning rounds. I feel bad because I prioritize lazing in bed for a few moments more over rolling out of bed to walk him earlier. But I will improve that, I am aware of it, I will change.


Soleil slapped her hard, across the face. The shorter girl gasped in shock and pain.

"What the hell was that for?" Kaelyn growled, cupping her reddening cheek in her hand.

"You're an idiot," Soleil cried. "No one turned their back on you. It was you that decided to push us away. You decided to leave us for... that lying bastard!"

Kaelyn fell silent. Her brown eyes burned in silent rage. "Don't call him that," she said icily.

"That's what he is," Soleil retorted. "And you're a fool. You'll see."

She stormed off, leaving Kaelyn standing there with Terry. The boy was staring down at his shoes, shuffling his feet from side to side.

"Do you think that as well?" Kaelyn asked.

"I know you like him, but..." Terry hesitated. "He has a reputation. Everyone in this town knows. He's bad news."

Kaelyn's heart sank in her chest. There wasn't anything left to be said.

A choice would have to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)