Saturday, May 19, 2018

Time To Go

I've been listening to Canadian artist Allie X and her songs touch me in a big way. I love "Paper Love", "Downtown", "Need You" and "Casanova". Basically everything from her CollXtion II album. I wish I could use this musical inspiration to write something passionate myself, but alas. Nothing.

Does love go away? Does that fire and spark of being held in someone's arms in the dim light, that feeling of immense happiness spreading inside you, that feeling of euphoria -- is it all just pheromones? Well, yeah, the simple answer is yes. But the aftershocks leave me in cinders. Or at least it did.

It took me a long time to acknowledge that I'm the type of person that always relives the past and is stuck in the past as long as it is beneficial to my interests. Maybe others experience this and just don't say anything.

This human existence haunts me. This body and its thoughts haunt me.

I'm here dancing on the edge of the night
I'm sleepwalking with a hand full of blue dice
One Hail Mary for the hole in my heart
I'm outside waiting for your love on the boulevard

You're a heavenly creature
With a real dark agenda
You can turn a believer
To a damn dirty sinner
--Casanova, Allie X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)