Saturday, May 26, 2018

Line Up

I need help on how to wind down in the evenings. I was dead tired at dinner and the car ride back, but now that I've finished showering and wrapping up my nightly routine, I'm wide awake! Some would say no electronics before bed, but tough luck on that happening. I know if I write a little bit here, I'll be content enough to sleep peacefully in a bit.

Today was eventful, as my aunt from San Francisco flew in with my cousin at the airport, so we went to pick them up. But in the morning, my mother went down and bought McDonald's for my grandma and me. I had a filet-o-fish with HK style milk tea, and I think it's awesome they have HK milk tea readily available anywhere. It's a blessing.

Closer to lunch, mother and I went out to Wong Tai Sin to meet up with my father, grandma, and two aunts on my father's side. We went to dim sum and had a good time. I love my mah mah very much. It was really great seeing her.

After, we continued the search for a dress for me to attend my cousin's wedding. We went to several places, and a lacy pink dress at Kate Spade was on my radar, but we ended up trying several dresses from Ted Baker and ended up with a pink dress there instead. I suspect my father got a bit impatient with all the walking around, so after I tried a few on he chose the pink one for me. Will post pics at a later time, as they are all on my phone, but I think the dress looks decent on me. my shoes are pink as well, so I hope they end up matching. And if not, who cares, I love pink so I'd happily do pink-on-pink.

We then separated from my father's side family and met up again with my trendy aunt Emily. We headed to the airport to see aunt Heidi, picked her up, and we all had dinner at a hotel. I believe it was Regal Hotel, something like that. It was a good dinner and our family had some good laughs, as we had a table of 10 people.

My thoughts are... well, I'm still riddled with anxiety most of the time. I'm moping around internally, but at least I don't have time to think about it much when I'm out and about. I love seeing my family, and it makes me very happy, but I don't know what's wrong with me. I guess I need to keep praying and turning to God to find some semblance of inner peace within myself. There's a storm brewing inside me, always, and I need to calm it with something soothing.

In the past, I had ways to cope that were likely unhealthy and still would be considered so. Now I'm all alone, on my own, trying to figure this shit out. Well, that wraps up my day 2 in Hong Kong, land of my birth. Tomorrow seems to have more events lined up, so I'd better try and sleep, and then on Monday morning I'm off to Singapore for 3 days! I'm excited and I heard the seafood (crab) is delicious over there so... here I am! And that's a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)