Wednesday, September 20, 2017

9/20 Update

My past weekend was spent going out with the fam-jam and going out with friends, and I am exhausted! I went with my S/O and my sister and her friend to eat Korean food, and then afterwards we went to see "IT". We went to Bulk Barn in New West to buy a bunch of snacks for the movie, and that place is awesome! I loaded up on corn nuts, candy/lollipops, pine nuts, cookies and more. That movie was definitely worth the ticket price, as it was over 2 hours long! The special effects were impressive, but I didn't find the movie particularly scary.

The next day, I met up with a friend for lunch at West Oak in Yaletown. I really like that restaurant, I went once with my partner a while back. I didn't bother taking photos, but I had crab cakes to start and a scallop gnocchi main. We knocked back our cocktails and chatted. It felt great to treat myself after being so stressed out from work.

Later, we moved onto drinks and dinner with another friend at Earl's. Seriously, I had a steak and prawn dinner after that heavy lunch. YOLO! 💁 I need to cut back on the splurging, but I hadn't treated myself in a while so I figured, why not?! I brought lunch to work for the past 2 weeks, so with that money saved, I might as well.

I feel like... life has settled into a lukewarm routine this year. Repetitive, but not unenjoyable. I need to go wash up and head to bed, but I felt like blogging something tonight. Man, this blog is old. Posts since 2009, baby!

My hair has been slowly growing. I regret not taking pictures and posting more of my summer nail sets, hair colours, and purchases, but I don't have much time to document things these days. I've been lazy and unmotivated. I've been feeling lately that life = experiences to be enjoyed in the moment, instead of always stopping to take photos of everything to preserve.  I still occasionally do, but only when the moment feels right. 

Maybe I'll slowly put snippets here and there of daily life, but with everything so busy I can't really commit. This upcoming weekend I have a Brennan Heart concert, and the very next morning I go out with my friend for breakfast/glazing the mugs we sculpted out of clay at a studio, and then the weekend after I have to attend my friend's DJ gig at a club. No rest for the weary, always... I just want a lazy morning in bed... 💭 I used to say "sleep is for the weak!" but now I can barely remember back to those days!

1 comment:

  1. glad you had a good weekend!! i still want an update on that side table!!!

    ReplyDelete

Behave yourself, now. ;)