Friday, December 16, 2011

Okay, so here is Red and Blue's sixth floor meet-up, expanded edition? Ahaha. I don't know what's going on in the rest of the story so yeah. No Rocket stuff from me 'til I get some elaboration ! I came up with this conversation of sorts instead of making plot. Pretty on the filler side (??) but I'm trying to get a ~feel for writing these characters. Oddly enough I think I'm better writing the talkative characters in our worlds. I'm not so good with the quiet ones, though I should be...! xDD Basically: hell yeah Pokemon! Writing is amazing ~ I'm so happy to read stories and just create things ~ ;A; we must keep our worlds going !! I look forward to more works from you as well. :)

Blue stared into the bottom of his cup as if it held something fascinating. That was all he could do at the moment. Red wasn’t much of a talker. Blue had tried to pull him into conversation about the ridiculous prices in the department store, but Red remained silent. Blue sighed; the remnants of the cup hadn’t changed. Not a trace of caramel sauce or steamed milk remained. No magical refill.

Blue decided to try again. He had never been a quitter, and Red needed someone to talk to.

“So, I heard that there’s this huge Christmas party at the Ruins of Alph this year. Wanna go?”

Red shrugged. Blue took that to mean yes, mentally filing this fact away for later. Red had probably forgotten what it meant to have fun. He could barely speak. This worried Blue, but he tried to ignore his uneasiness. Blue glanced at the hot drinks stand again, pondering whether to order a cup of whipped cream just to hassle Red, when his silent friend spoke up.

“Are they coming?”

“Who?” Blue noted that Red had only finished half his drink. It had probably gone cold by now.“Do you have secret friends you didn’t tell me about? There are a lot of people in this city. I’m sure I haven’t met everyone. But I’m still your best friend, right?”

“You know.” Red stirred his hot chocolate. “The girls.”

“They have names, Mr. Socially Awkward.” Blue seized this opportunity to make conversation.“Well, I know Terra’s in town. I would’ve invited her here but she’s like a kabuto. Doesn’t even have a PokeNav. Last I heard, she’s been hanging out a lot with Ethan. Arceus knows why. And as for Maya...her phone’s dead or something. I can’t reach her.”

Red’s lifted his eyes to meet Blue’s. “Where is she?”

“Ah, is that concern I hear in your voice?” Blue laughed at the surprised look on Red’s face. “Who knows? Maya’s always out battling people. She’d hate it if I worried about her, so I don’t.”

“Is she your girlfriend?”

“Whoa, you just got here, and you’re already pokin’ around like a rattata.” Blue leaned back in his chair. “Does Officer Jenny teaches classes up on Mt. Silver?”

Red didn’t bother replying. He reached for the plate of cookies on the table. Blue thought that the one good thing about this bourgeois shopping centre was the complimentary snacks. Red broke off a piece of shortbread and fed it to his Pikachu. The electric mouse peeped and nudged at his hand for more. Red obliged and stroked Pikachu’s ears. Blue noted that Pikachu looked half-starved, and Red didn’t look much better, but he didn’t comment.

“She rejected you, didn’t she.” Red corrected himself: “Maya.”

Blue startled, hoping Red didn’t notice. “Maya’s just a friend. In fact, she reminds me of you, back in the day. Before you pulled that cave stunt you were one determined kid.” Blue couldn’t control the words that poured out of him. “What was that all about, anyway? Your mom almost lost her mind. She kept coming over to my place and asking when you’d be back.”

“She worries too much.”

Blue sighed. “You need to think things through before you go running off.”

“I wasn’t making a statement.” Red put his spoon down. “I just wanted to. That’s all.”

“People don’t hang out in caves for months without reason.”

“I liked it there.”

Blue propped his chin on his hand. “Let me get this straight. You liked sitting up in some cave, freezing your ass off, with a Pikachu to keep you company. That doesn’t quite gel with the boy champion who was all excited about winning the Pokemon League. If you wanted to make a home there, why’d you come down?”

“I don’t want this anymore.” Red got to his feet, drink abandoned. “Let’s go.”

Red didn’t even turn to see if Blue was following as he made his way to the elevator. Blue shook his head. That was just like the Red of old. Always one step ahead of everyone else. Always willing to be the first one to try things.

“Hey, Red,” Blue called after him. “You’re a real dunsparce, you know that?”

Red ducked his head in order to press the down button, but Blue could have sworn there was a tinge of a smile on that gloomy face.

2 comments:

  1. This is freakin' awesome!!! Wahahaha!! LISTEN!!!! I have a huge plot twist~~ so I know why Red is in the cave now and why Cerulean city's leader "left him"... I know the reason behind his depression and it's not a happy tale!! More soon!!! Waaa this is awesome, Pokemon stories FTW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well then... write, my friend !! You have all the answers. I'm just a pawn who wants to keep this story going ~ o_o but ill need you to be the spark that ignites my creativity!! please update soon !! I eagerly anticipate what happens next ~ :D

    ReplyDelete

Behave yourself, now. ;)