Thursday, June 21, 2018

About Nothing

Last night I stepped onto a new path in the warm summer air. Whisked away after work to a seedy hole-in-the-wall, drinking until the uncomfortable feelings dissipated from my body like a waning mist, feeling butterflies and my chest tightening. I gripped my arms protectively around my own body like a cocoon.

He was... nice, I guess. An old friend met through an old flame. Well, maybe more of a candlelight flicker than a flame. Still, we had some things in common. He possesses a lot more life experience, a natural by-product of being older. Jaded, despite having faith, similar to myself. Or maybe I'm the only jaded one.

Am I jaded? For a while, I didn't consider myself so. But now...

Singing in the night, stolen kisses under the orange glow of streetlights.

Youth is slipping me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)