Friday, May 25, 2018

Right Of The Soil

I woke up feeling groggy, but well-rested. I'm back in HK again, to visit my relatives, and attend my cousin's wedding.

The plane ride here was all right. I watched two movies and slept, ending the trip with a shark documentary. I think I've grown accustomed to sitting in a comatose state, thanks to the courtesy of my office job. I was sore as hell after, but sitting for 13 hours will do that to a person.

I re-watched Black Panther because that was a great movie, Michael B Jordan was just... well, you know, he's hot. Bust-your-braces, hot. And I watched Maze Runner: The Death Cure after that, and it exceeded my expectations! The latter movie was jam packed with action and made me laugh, it was overall enjoyable which I don't remember the previous movie being.

After I landed my mother and father, grandma, and big uncle, were at the airport to fetch me. Then we met up with my auntie Emily and uncle Tat to eat breakfast. We had HK style breakfast which consisted of macaroni in soup with meat, eggs and toast, and of course, HK milk tea, which is the bomb. So delicious.

Then we retired to rest a bit at my grandma's place, which is where I'm staying, before my mom pulled me out to eat again a mere two hours after we just ate. It was worth it though, because the fish congee and yau ja gwai (Chinese cruller) I had was divine! I haven't eaten that deep fried stuff in years. Mom and I shared a pot of apple tea which was quite refreshing as well.

Then we walked around a bit to shop, picked up some things, before meeting with my big uncle to head out to Tsim Sha Tsui to pick up big aunt after she got off work and then we walked around to try and find me a dress for the wedding. I picked a delightful design from Snidel, a pink dress embroidered with flowers, but we didn't end up buying it. Big uncle even drove us to another shopping centre to search for that dress but we could not find it. Anyway it was great to be back by the water again. HK has very beautiful waterside views, and the shopping here is incredible as to be expected.

For dinner, I had pork tonkotsu with curry and a side of takoyaki and miso soup but I was so full I didn't even wanna eat it! (I still ate it with the assistance of my father.)

I ended up buying a pair of platform sandals with a cork bottom and metallic silver straps. Hip, I know. They're pretty comfortable. I also bought some stickers with a trendy anime design.

At home, I was dead tired. I wanted to start writing a story but fell asleep and slept soundly until my mother woke me up asking if I wanted breakfast... This is the life, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)