Thursday, May 31, 2018

Here And Now

Hey, don't think about all the pain you've left behind
The past is over now, you're free to clear your mind
And if you're falling back through time, look in my eyes...
--Be Here Now / Brennan Heart & Jonathan Mendelsohn

Wow, I can't believe my trip is almost over. Just a few days left! I went to Singapore and didn't even find time to write about it. That's classic behaviour from me--making a resolution and then breaking it to drop off the grid for a while. In my defence, I'm utterly exhausted from being out every day, doing all the tourist activities. I slept like a log last night, allowing myself the time to recharge.

The laksa and white coffee in Singapore made me want to die and go to heaven, it was delightful! My goodness. The best part of the trip was getting to see all the historical Chinese buildings, preserved amidst the architecture of the modern city. I took photos, but I'll have to upload them onto here at a later date.

Night view @ Gardens by the Bay

We ventured through Chinatown and ate at a lot of restaurants (trips to Asia typically involve constant eating, I definitely gained weight! Haha). Anyway, we visited a seafood restaurant called "Jumbo Seafood" to eat crab, and that was divine as well. The sauce they used was unlike anything I've tasted. Everything was simply splendid. I can't complain... now, I'm back in HK and it's a few days before the wedding. 

I've been thinking about a lot of things lately, "soul searching" as my aunt Maria calls it. Have I come to any solid conclusions? Well, no... I'm back to square one. But, aren't I always? Feels like I'm 18 again...

For instance, what is right and what is wrong? I'm torn between being proper and falling back into my old partying ways. What's wrong with partying? Well, is it not responsible? And now that I'm on my own, I suppose if I'm honest with myself, I'm scared. I used to party with people I really trusted, that I allowed myself to be vulnerable with. Now, my walls are up and it's hard for me to change this. I get anxiety over silly things that never bothered me before. I'm guarded, and that's terrible, even if there's nothing I can do.

I also wanted to say, I rewatched Black Panther like, 3 times on the plane rides I've been on. While flying to HK, Singapore, and then back to HK. I just love that movie, it's perfection. Everything from Michael Bae Jordan, to the strong female characters, to Chadwick Boseman's regal presence. I love the fusion between African culture and futuristic elements. Love it, I just love it! And Daniel Kaluuya as W'Kabi was perfect. I loved that him and Danai Gurira's Okoye were love interests in the movie. All in all, I really enjoyed that movie and would probably watch it again when I return back to Vancouver. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)