Friday, February 16, 2018

Love In The Air

This weekend is a busy weekend that I am immensely looking forward to.

On Saturday, I have afternoon tea with Laerie at La Petite Cuillere! I'm planning to wear my burgundy Michael's Blessing JSK. I'm so far detached from lolita fashion--I just haven't felt cute lately. I'm sure others would disagree, but I'm 27 for crying out loud. I feel like a stagnant drop in the pond. I'm not young, but I'm not old. (I look young though, so people think I'm still some sort of university student... ha, that ship has sailed?)

For Sunday night, Lex booked a table for Gotham Steakhouse. I'm truly excited because I love steak, haha. It's the second year that we are going out for Valentine's dinner. Last year we went to Bishop's, which was a unique and expen$ive experience. I'm excited to eat sweets and steak with my friends!

How else have I been? Well, I started a hip hop class with an old buddy of mine. I was all sweaty five minutes in, but it was a great workout and a lot of fun! Hanging out with my ol' friend really brought back memories of the golden days with the OG rave fam.


And of course Valentine's Day, like any other commercial holiday, is a festive occasion that I enjoy partaking in. I bought cards for two of my gfs and some chocolates from Godiva to give to a dear friend I have at work. He surprised me with amazing Fire Emblem-themed cards in a beautiful envelope, and each card had a thoughtful message written at the back. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting such a touching act! That's usually my forte, but recently I've been feeling low and unmotivated.

After work on V-day, I met up with P; we got takeout and went to his house to catch up on the shows we like watching together. It was cool to hang out, but again, who knows what it all means. I'm left with a sense of disembodiment from reality and from my feelings at this moment, like a rising wave, and at any moment that wave can come crashing down to disrupt my perceptions. I give everything up to God, everything is done according to what is necessary for my personal growth and development. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)