Saturday, January 6, 2018

Last Issue

Life has again been filled with mulling over thoughts of self-improvement. The first week of the new year has passed and so far, 2018 has been smooth. There haven't been many highs and lows, but there has been a lot of self-reflection. And, I just don't know what to make of it.

I'm focusing on cutting down my social media consumption. I don't want to spend my life posting things to show off to other people; I can post it here or on Facebook, which I keep because I have friends I talk to. But... I'm even starting to doubt what makes a person a friend. Am I really so bitter because of my experiences? I just don't know anymore.

I want to tap more into my creative side, but I'm scared. I want to show different sides of myself to the world, like a diamond, but I'm scared. My whole life is filled with fears and "buts".

Regarding the social media thing: I really do believe most of the people I know post each day about their lives--mundane things--but for what purpose? To show off? To be somehow acknowledged by others? I won't have the answers.

I met a new acquaintance, and he is unlike anyone else I've ever met. Otherworldly, even. Very spiritual. Open, unafraid to be himself and reach for what he wants. I feel, this person is very creative and is similar to what I used to be. Only, not as openly flirtatious. Hah! Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)