Monday, February 6, 2017

Fates & Dreams

Disclaimer: This is a personal blog. I use this blog as a means to record my life, thoughts, and random things--like an online diary. If you don't like anything here, please leave!



I had a strange dream last night about Fire Emblem. Since the new app launched with the mobile game FE Heroes, I've been playing it for the past few days and subconsciously things must have seeped into my head!

In my dream, I was in a wedding gown walking down the aisle of an arena to marry Kamui/Corrin from FE Fates! 😐 He was dressed in all black and a black cape with fur trim. It was the weirdest thing ever, seeing as I am a fangirl but never thought of the character that way until I saw him in FE Heroes.

Anyway, I basically had to marry him because we needed to solidify the bonds between our worlds with an alliance. Afterwards we were taken to our living quarters, a home of some sort, with rooms already prepared for the future kids. I guess they expected us to have some... err... and as we walked into the master bedroom together I remember feeling super awkward. What an awkward dream! I'm sure fangirls would love to have this sort of dream about their biases but it was plain strange for me.

Personally, in FE Fates, I am quite fond of Takumi, but only because I think of how fun it would be to brush through his long beautiful hair. I don't actually like his personality or his look that much... I don't know if I really like any male character that much in this series. However, I am fond of the avatar's son Kana, as well as Hinoka and Selkie. It's odd for me because I prefer long hair on girls, but short is cute too!

This dream kinda reminds me of how I always make my avatar marry Chrom in FE Awakening for the two children, Lucina and Morgan. I don't even like Chrom that much, but the support convos between him and the avatar are cute. I honestly can't decide which is the better child, male Morgan or Kana... they're both sweet little peas. I wish real life would be as fun and whimsical as a video game.


My breath caught in my throat as I walked past my reflection in the large window, seeing my flowing white dress and the flowers adorning my hair fully for the first time. I clutched a bouquet of flowers nervously, unsure exactly how I had landed myself in a position like this.

I was getting married?

In truth, this was ridiculous. I slowly walked down the side of the arena, fully aware of the eyes watching me as I made my way closer to the altar.

I was facing him squarely now. His expression was solemn, although I couldn't tell if he were happy or sad. Dressed in black robes and a flowing cape, he was every bit the royalty of Nohr and Hoshido combined.

"May these rings be blessed as a symbol of your union," the priest at the alter spoke in a heavy voice. "Corrin, please repeat after me."

I tensed up as Corrin took my hand in his. He stared into my eyes and repeated his vows, sliding a wedding band onto my ring finger as he finished. Then it was my turn, and I did the same for him in as steady a voice I could manage.

"May your days be long on this earth, and in any realm," the priest continued. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

My eyes instinctively shut as Corrin drew near. He leaned over and pressed his lips against mine, his hands delicately placed around my waist. A roar of cheers erupted from the onlooking crowd. I slouched my shoulders slightly and tried to appear smaller.

After the ceremony and a lavish banquet dinner that seemed to last forever, we were taken to our living quarters. It was a cozy home built in the Nohrian style, with four bedrooms. But we would be living in Hoshido. It was late by the time we arrived, and the sun had long set behind the surrounding mountains.

"Congratulations, both of you," one of Corrin's siblings said. He thanked them. I smiled as best I could. He was gripping my hand, and I found he squeezed it every time I didn't quite know what to say.

"I never imagined you would marry someone outside of Hoshido," Ryoma said. "But it's to be expected. You were away from us for so long... perhaps you became more accustomed to outside cultures."

"Be thankful it wasn't someone from Nohr." Takumi shook his head with a sigh.

"Please don't say such things," Sakura scolded. "We are all a family now!"

"I was just joking," Takumi said halfheartedly. He stared at me with a cold gaze. "I'm sure we will get along."

"Why don't we give them some space and let them rest," Hinoka piped up. "I'm sure they're all tuckered out from the big day."

Finally left alone, Corrin and I stood in silence in the hallway.

"I guess that's all over with," he finally said. "How are you feeling?"

"I... don't know," I answered. "Did we... do the right thing?"

"I believe so," he replied.

"I guess living here will be a lot different from your tree house, huh?" I laughed.

"It'll be fine." The tips of his pointed ears seemed to redden. "If you don't feel comfortable, I can sleep in another room. Although we technically have nothing to worry about."

"I guess we could try it," I murmured, nervously darting my eyes down the hall to where the main bedroom was.

It was a beautiful room with a large bed and elegant wood furnishings. Exhausted, I climbed into bed and he did the same. We lay beside each other in the dim light, hearing each other's breath rise and fall.

"It had to be done," I reminded myself. "We need this."

Corrin didn't respond. Perhaps he was already asleep. Regardless, a potential war was coming. We needed to form alliances between the world of Fates and the world of Awakening.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)