Monday, April 7, 2014

"Chocolate Princess"

On April 5th, I participated in a small spring fashion show for the "Sakura Days Japan Fair". This event took place at VanDusen Botanical Garden. A lot of local lolita showed up in their frilly dresses to take part in this event.

I chose to wear my Chess Chocolate Jabot JSK and that boston bag I waited so long for. Yeah, a lot of gals commented on my chocolate bag and congratulated me for finally finding it! Which I smiled because it really is a charming bag, if bags can be such things. (*´∀`*)

Chess Chocolate Jabot JSK! 。*゚✲*☆
Chocolate from head to toe. I'm a basic lolita.

I like to refer to myself as a "basic lolita", referencing the slang term "basic b*tch". It basically means that my style is a generic style of sweet lolita that all sweet lolitas love. You know, Angelic Pretty, pink, chocolate, etc.

I don't find anything wrong with that, it's just that I haven't really developed my style to become unique like some of the seasoned lolitas I know. But I suppose one could use this term for lolita of all categories, because gothic lolitas love black lace and MmM (haha) and... well, country lolita must love strawberries, straw hats and... plaid? IDK. All I know is that for now, I'm fine being basic in my sweet style. (Did I mention I also love roses, cute little animals, and candy hearts? Lol.)

More coming soon? I should post a big group photo of us all, and introduce the new (and old) friends I met, but for now I just wanted to document another successful outing in lolita! *^^* I did resolve to wear my frills more, didn't I?

The majority of active members in the Vancouver lolita community attended.
[ Photo Credit: Dale L. ]


Thanks for visiting~~

1 comment:

Behave yourself, now. ;)