Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Being Patient

Yesterday night I was lying in bed and thinking how horrible the world is because everyone is born different sizes. I wish there was a standard size everyone's body would be born as. No only would bullying and eating disorders not exist, but everyone's self esteem would be higher (although I suppose humans would just find something else to laugh at others about).

The incident that triggered this trail of thought was a Chess Chocolate dress from Angelic Pretty. As you may know, I am seeking the pink jabot JSK for an upcoming New Year's gathering. However, the one seller I've found is of a reasonably bigger size than I am. (I am 82~84CM bust, 63cm waist; the seller is about 100cm bust alone). I know that Chess Chocolate is considered to be a good plus-sized dress because of the full back shirring, but now I'm concerned that when I receive the dress, the shirring will be all stretched and worn out. My Wonder Story dress in red, which I also bought from a friend who is a larger size than me, already has the elastic in the shirring loose-ish when I pulled on it. (Compared to my Honey Cake and Sugar Hearts JSK which have like-new back shirring).

I really don't like how lolita fashion makes everything one-size. Even Emily Temple Cute dresses are a bit loose on me, but they are still a better fit than AP. I feel a little annoyed that the dresses are stretched out by larger wearers that eventually resell them (used). I know this is selfish of me, because humans cannot control what size their bodies will be, but I just feel annoyed that such a beautiful and perfect dress may not fit me (and already even if bought brand-new, the standard measurements still wouldn't fit me well).

I'm not saying plus-sized lolitas shouldn't wear lolita, I'm just frustrated at how hard it has been to find the dress I want to buy. And the one seller I did find happens to be of a different size than I am, just makes me a bit troubled...

And lol while I was typing this some old man stopped to "admire how fast I typed" and told me how he used to teach people how to type on typewriters. But now he cannot even type on the computer anymore! Oh, the woes of aging, and also the woes of shirring... 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, everyone should have an equal body, neither fat nor thin, a healthy body! Sometimes even in "normal" stores is tricky to find clothes that fit perfectly.
    To Lolita things become even more complicated. But I hope everything goes well with your dress!

    xoxo♡^▽^♡

    Happy new year

    ReplyDelete

Behave yourself, now. ;)