Monday, September 9, 2013

reflection

Lately I have been having many thoughts run through my mind but I never record them down. I guess because I never have time. (It's always about the eternal rat-race, isn't it?)

Sometimes it's hard to convert thoughts to words.

I ponder a lot of things whenever I'm alone, things that I never write down because when I'm driving or at work or eating, there never seems to be a pen or paper around, and when there is I'm always unsure exactly what I mean to say.

I've just realized a lot of things about human beings, and the world in general, during my time working for telecommunication companies and at school and interacting with other people and even on the cursed social networks we are addicted to (Facebook).

People are complicated creatures, negative in nature, and we love to hate things, put others down, compete and compare ourselves with others, etc.etc. I find all of this superbly childish; yet everyone engages in negative thinking and bashing other people because this is something supposedly ingrained in our nature.

Women nowadays... are trashy (please see: Miss Cyrus @ the VMA awards). And the men? Childish and ignorant. "There is no such thing as being a gentleman anymore." Where is the self-respect for ourselves and others? Graffiti upon the face of my blog post. However, there are some that believe differently, seeing the objectification of women to be "freeing" and capable of making some women feel "beautiful". While I don't understand that mindset, I accept that there are many ways in which a person can choose to live their lives, and I do not oppose their choices (but I would not choose that style for myself).

I was driving while listening to my G-Dragon CD... (I had my ipod stolen, but that is besides the point as I always collected and listened to CDs regardless) and it was his Heartbreaker/Shine A Light live CD from 2009. I remember people hated on the song, bashed him for copying one of Flo Rida's songs... and you know what? The guy, my man GD, his response was to freakin' release a remix of that same song FEATURING FLO RIDA. I just found that to be such a kick-in-the-face for all the haters.

 

Words to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behave yourself, now. ;)